- 37 Academic Institutions (22 Universities and 15 Technological Institutions)
- 14 Research Institutions
- Academy of Athens
- National Library of Greece
- Hellenic Parliament Library
- Pedagogical Institute
- National Agricultural Research Foundation
- University of Cyprus
The aims of the consortium are:
- The collaboration, via establishment of common policy, to printed and electronic journal subscriptions among its members, aiming at the rational growth of collections of journals and at the access to a greater number of sources that cover the educational and inquiring needs of users of the participating Institutions.
- The creation and operation of the Union Catalogue of the Greek Academic Libraries and the use of its records by each member of HEAL-Link.
- The joint subscription of electronic sources and services of information, as well as rights of remote access in electronic sources and services of information, included the electronic scientific journals.
- The cooperation with relevant organizations both domestic and foreign for the assurance of the participation of HEAL-Link in international developments concerning library cooperations and management of copyright.
- The undertaking of every initiative that promotes and develops the Academic Libraries of Greece via common activities and initiatives.
HEAL LINK is a member of the International Coalition of Libraries Consortia, an international organization for the advancement of cooperative efforts among libraries word-wide.
Through HEAL-Link Portal the members of the consortium have full-text access to more than 15,000 electronic journals, books and bibliographic databases. IP address recognition is used from the publishers to allow access.